Sunday, April 27, 2008

Phew, that was fun! :)

I thought I'd post my cards I made for the VMAA challenges last night-it was a blast making them at the A Muse retail store with Novell, Heather, Rhonda & Linda-such a fun group to stamp with!

First challenge: No Embellishments

I love this birdie from the last release-& I had yet to ink him up! I'm not overly thrilled with how this one turned out...I think I might re-do & post the new one...I think it has something to do with the white scallop-hmmm. :)

Second challenge: Glitter

OK-the girls couldn't believe that last night was the first time I had ever used my Seattle girl stamp--what took me so long?!? She's pretty cute in her yellow slicker....& the raindrops are the perfect addition!

Third challenge: Sketch

I have NEVER done a sketch before-EVER. So this was a challenge....that thankfully, Rhonda helped me make MUCH cuter than I had originally planned out. I made my card & had the upper left area all blank & blue---& she gave me the smart idea to add the sweet shop! That is WHY you stamp with other people I tell you! :) Thanks again Rhonda!

Fourth challenge: B&W

This card is much better in real life-that black glitter on the chairs is pretty cool. I'm actually happy with this card-& I thought for sure this would be the hardest challenge for me.

Fifth challenge: Weekend

I loved Linda's challege to define "weekend" for yourself. I L*O*V*E looking at open houses on Sundays & am always plotting which ones I would live in. The cute house on this card is probably the closest I'll get for awhile to a new house...so I'll just keep dreaming on the weekends!

Thanks again to Geeta, Michelle, Jennie & Rhonda for putting all the challenges together-it was great fun!

I'll be back tomorrow with another Sneak Peek!

4 comments:

Elena said...

Love your cards, Melissa. I had a similar incident with my sketch card. I added my soccer boy as an afterthought and it seemed to "work."

Jen D said...

These are all so cute. I'm SOOO jealous you were at the store for all the fun! It was fun watching on the webcam :)

Tisha said...

Great cards, Melissa! I'm so jealous, but I hope you girls had a blast! Have a great day!

Rhonda said...

These are all so cute Melissa!!! I'm so glad I got to spend some time with you on Sat!!! You gave me lots of helpful tips too!! On both of the cards I made while I was there, you helped with, one directly and one indirectlys (I stole an idea from you!!) Don't worry, when I post them you'll definitely get credit!!! You're a sweetheart!! :D